Top Round Roast w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
One of the things I wanted the new to me slicer for was beef sliced thin for sandwiches. Top round roasts were going on sale today so I knew I needed to do one or two. Bmudd, RonP and I were in chat last night and figured out I'd just keep it simple with garlic, salt, and pepper and smoke them to about 136 degrees internal. So this morning I went and got the roasts and fired up the smoker with some cherry and apple chips in the chip pan. Smoked at 200-235 till the internals were right then foiled them and wrapped in a towel to rest. Put them in the fridge till just before dinner when I took them out and sliced them thin. The family approved and enjoyed.
Roasts seasoned and ready to go in
48b0e6b6_DSC02385.jpg

Roasts out and about to be foiled
de3f4a77_DSC02393.jpg

and sliced

4dd47801_DSC02395.jpg

3657302b_DSC02396.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking Q, and that slicer really did a nice job too. Congrats.

Looks great. Nothing better in your sandwiches than perfect beef.

Slice looks like a good investment to look into. Not least because of my new jerky habit!

WOW! Now, that's my kinda beef. Yummo. Crisp hoagie, some beef au jus, swiss cheese, maybe some horseradish sauce, and dip away.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Nice job slicing too.

dang good lookin beef slices Jerry!!! you got some great sammies coming up i can see. like the simple way you seasoned the roasts!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky