Too soon for Brisket?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Give it Plenty of time to get it to the right tenderness (12-18 hours depending on how big). Trick to good brisket is to get the right tenderness in my opinion because that's what gives it it's great flavor and nothing is more disappointing than when it comes out tough. Brisket needs time for that collagen to break down because it is a lean piece of meat and you need time for all that fat from the point to render. Doing the full brisket is the way to do it and that's how I learned but my butcher trimmed it for me which helped out a lot, if you have to do it yourself just know it's better to leave more fat on than to cut too much off (watch Aaron franklins video on YouTube, it's really helpful)

I'd suggest you do a search here on brisket--specifically brisket posts by gary s. Gary is a Texas boy and in my opinion THE. absolute brisket master. He's been smoking briskets for mist of his life. Follow his advice and you can't fail to end up with a fantastic result. He'll also explain that smoking a brisket is not the insanely difficult process that most first timers believe it to be. I followed Gary's advice for my first brisket and it turned out fantastic.
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky