This years Turkey (times 6)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke_chef

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 22, 2008
Marble Falls, AR
Hello fellow smokers. I haven't posted in a while. It's great to be back. I did turkey's for the whole family. Thought I would share the pics. They turned out real pretty and tastes great. Here's my brine:

1 gallon water
1 cup Kosher salt
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 TBS Garlic powder
1 TBS Onion powder
1 TBS CBP (Cracked Black Pepper)
1 TBS Crushed Red Pepper1 TSP Sage
1 TSP Thyme
1 TSP Parsley
1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce

I like a 24 hour soak. 12 hour minimum.

As you can see in the pic, I have a water pan over the fire box. I use the leftover liquid from the brine. This smoker was built for whole hogs so I wasn't sure how it would work with birds. I smoked with Hickory and Lump charcoal at 350 degrees. I had never managed the fire at 350. I have 225 for the hogs pretty much down pat. The whole smoke went real well. I have requests for next year already.

Nice work!

Did you brine the birds all together or more then one in the same container? Im not sure of the rules when brining multiple birds.

Also when you say charcoal and hickory did you have a coal basket with chunks of wood or did you add wood throughout the cook to keep your heat up?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky