Tennis racquet sweetbreads...lol

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your setup is awesome dernektambura dernektambura , what a spot you’ve made. Is that a charcoal searing station to left of gasser bbq?

I used to be a slaughter man , while we worked lads would cut the lamb sweat bread out while working on the line. Then throw it into our sterilisers (boiling tubs of water) , cook and eat while working, I tried them a few times like that, weren’t real good.
Boiled are not good... Its like chewing on marshmallow wrapped in gauze.... and taste is totally different...
It takes long time to carefully clean membrane which meat is wrapped with... The best way to go is to liberally salt and let it seat for couple of hours so it's not slippery no more... Then using very sharp skinning knife work membrane...
It's worth a time to clean it cuz taste is amazing...

Reactions: Jabiru
Great looking 'breads dernektambura! When I worked the kill truck with my Dad, I would harvest the sweetbreads from the lambs and the occasional calf. Dad claimed that he never developed a taste for them so that meant more for me.
You're correct in that the membrane needs to be removed and it can be a bit of work. I think that's the real reason Dad didn't mess with them.
Now I have a hankering for some eggs and fried sweetbreads!

Reactions: dernektambura
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky