Keto / Low Carb Strawberry Poptart Bars

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Another great recipe from All Day I Dream About Food. Made these to snack on and share this week. I used the Good Good brand no added sugar strawberry jam for the filling. You can find the recipe easily by googling the site and Poptart Bars. Tasty shortbread type cookie with the jam filling and a glaze. Super tasty for keto / low carb / diabetic friendly dessert. The jam is available in many flavors on Amazon. Had to pretty up the plate with strawberries so have them to snack on too lol
1000006438-01.jpeg

oh that site is going to keep me busy!
She is the master of keto baking. I create all my own non baking keto dishes but she's my go to for new keto dessert stuff. I often do straight off the card but also find ideas to combine into my own thing over time as well. Big mans world has some good stuff too.

That's one delicious looking treat Jeff, another masterpiece! I'm onto Smucker's sugar free jam, nice variety of flavors. Not often, but every now and then I can even find it on sale, time to load up. Tried making my own sugar-free strawberry jam awhile back, never hit the texture I was looking for, gave some away and used the rest on French toast. Ever since you got me hep to Splenda I've been making a sugar-free pie about every week, I've become an addict! I buy the berries on sale and then freeze them on a cookie sheet, vac-seal like little rocks. Costs me around eight bucks to make a sugar-free pie, never seen one at the market. I don't go straight Keto, but I use ZERO sugar at home, that stuff is only good for hummingbirds. I find smoothies and pie to be a lot less expensive than whisky and cigarettes, tastes better too! RAY

DSCN0409.JPG

That's one delicious looking treat Jeff, another masterpiece! I'm onto Smucker's sugar free jam, nice variety of flavors. Not often, but every now and then I can even find it on sale, time to load up. Tried making my own sugar-free strawberry jam awhile back, never hit the texture I was looking for, gave some away and used the rest on French toast. Ever since you got me hep to Splenda I've been making a sugar-free pie about every week, I've become an addict! I buy the berries on sale and then freeze them on a cookie sheet, vac-seal like little rocks. Costs me around eight bucks to make a sugar-free pie, never seen one at the market. I don't go straight Keto, but I use ZERO sugar at home, that stuff is only good for hummingbirds. I find smoothies and pie to be a lot less expensive than whisky and cigarettes, tastes better too! RAY

View attachment 689669
Thanks Ray. You definitely have mastered being the sugar free pie man. I'm going to have to do a strawberry one sooner or later.

Holy cow! I’ll take a good cup of coffee a few of those bars and a slab of sawhorseray sawhorseray pie to top off my day! It all looks good.

Jim
Thanks Jim. That would make for a tasty meal!

There goes my sweet tooth , thanks.

They look wonderful as always , I love me some sweets.
I could see a few of those i my lunch box all week long.

David
I have one or two daily after supper. I cut them in half after the pic so I can have 2 if I want LOL

Man those look good. I got doc appt this week. He is not going to be happy! I been really messing up. Guess I be going back to the 3 months check ups. :emoji_disappointed:
You would love these. Those Good Good jams are very cool. I'm going to work some of them into meat glazes this year.

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man those look good. I got doc appt this week. He is not going to be happy! I been really messing up. Guess I be going back to the 3 months check ups. :emoji_disappointed:
I know what you mean Brian, my A1C has crept up to 7.0 from a low of 5.9. On top of that, my Trulicity shot is on a nationwide back order so they had to move me to Ozempic....maybe I will see what the hub bub about that one is as a weight loss med??

Reactions: jcam222
I know what you mean Brian, my A1C has crept up to 7.0 from a low of 5.9. On top of that, my Trulicity shot is on a nationwide back order so they had to move me to Ozempic....maybe I will see what the hub bub about that one is as a weight loss med??
Got my results this morning. A1C 6.3 and total cholesterol 123. I was pretty surprised as I been eating a lot of crap. I still fast about 17 hours a day. I guess that enough to keep it down. I use to take Trulicity shots but when I started doing intermittent fasting I got off them.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky