Honey BBQ Stix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Making a small batch of Owens Honey BBQ.

Mixed last night 2.5lbs.
emhbbq.jpg

To the fridge...too late to stuff.
emhbbq1.jpg

Stuff this morning.
emhbbq2.JPG

Hang to flavor up and dry some before smoking.
emhbbq3.JPG

Warm enough out to get the stix in snoopy.
PID Steps from 130-170

IMG_7992.jpg

Those look really dang tasty!!!! Some day I’m going to have to do sticks….. just have to keep my food hobby’s measured…..I am currently in the design phase of a PID controlled electric smoker though…….

Just make sure the PID has the ramp/soak feature... This way you program it to ramp temps up automatically... But you probably already know that...
Yup it does. It's a new one for me, the Auber wifi. CB had to walk me thru the setting on how to program it in all 6 steps.

Thanks everyone.

I just pulled some of these out of the freezer earlier this week. My favorite blend from Owens is the 7 pepper so far.
Was thinking of ordering that one. My son in law likes spicy but not the jalapeño flavor... suppose he'd like it?

Ryan

Just make sure the PID has the ramp/soak feature... This way you program it to ramp temps up automatically... But you probably already know that...
I have a 30 step ramp/soak for my knife heat treat, the two probe BBQ on has 6 steps triggered buy the CC probe or the food probe.....IE when the food gets to temp it drops the CC temp to 140 to hold.....
Yup it does. It's a new one for me, the Auber wifi. CB had to walk me thru the setting on how to program it in all 6 steps.

Thanks everyone.
Yup the 1800 Watt has the 6 steps! I was going to get the build in version pid and build my own box. I wish the sold the 1800 watt 3 prob turn key PID by its self....

Been hanging at room temp long enough for me.

Cut this morning.....SIL was over and at a pair by himself.

IMG_8082.jpg

IMG_8083.jpg

IMG_8085.JPG

IMG_8091.JPG

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky