Taking a ride

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 20, 2016
Alberta Canada
Hello all. Well we ( wife and i ) have been waiting to do this for a couple years now. Finally we are on the road.
We trailered our bike to Salt Lake last week. Took off south from there to see my step dad for a few days in the Phoenix area. Apache Junction. Yep he is a snowbird. We went to a great restaurant there Handlebar pub and grill. Great menu and food. Ate there twice. Didn't get pics the first time, smoked pastrami on rye. It was great. Had ribs the second visit and trying to load the pic from my phone i somehow deleted it. I usually use my computer not my phone. Nutts.
Anyway we just got into New Mexico, heading east. 20180401_180859.jpg
So questions. Anyone know of any competitions gping on in the next couple weeks. We are riding east to western Florida and then North to Tennessee. Then west back to Utah for the end if the month. Going to try and eat my way through those states then go home and diet lol. We have a few stops picked out but am open to suggestions from anyone. Will be posting pics of foids we get to try as I will not get to smoke anything until i get home. That will be the part i am unhappy about lol.

Well we stopped at our first BBQ place, it was in northern Texas and recommended by s couple people we were talking with as well as a good rating on the google search. I won't say names as we were pretty disappointed. Now we will be heading south see some sights and try some more Q.

Well after a couple good days and great meals in the mid and southern parts of Texas we had a delay in Galveston island picked up a nail in the rear tire. Heading to Lafayette today. Anyone have any recommendations for a dinner stop and or sights to see? Will be then heading to Baton Rouge and New Orleans.

Consider taking the Tabasco plant tour. You only get to see part of the packing line but it could still be worth a stop if it's on your way. They have a decent gift shop.

Thx Blue. We did a swamp tour today in this wonderful cold weather lol. Then rode down to New Iberia. Going to do the tour at tobasco tomorrow then head up to Baton Rouge. Thx. Indaswamp for the ideas.
We did get some more good Q before leaving Texas and have had a couple good feeds of seafood here in Louisiana.
Yumm...
9C6C8F22-3E80-4117-BE7F-184BA3386411.jpeg

Last edited:
I finally got to try some in eastern Texas before we got into Louisiana. It was good but I am looking to try it here. I have been looking forward to this for awhile, problem is my mouth and eyes are bigger than my stomach. Lol. Looked up Prejeans menu. Had me going. That will be a stop for me for sure... Thx again. Looking forward to tomorrow. Especially with the nicer weather.

Im hoping I didn't lol. There was a foot of snow right after we left and -17 yesterday. Thought it was going to be nicer today. Still a bit cool but just about to Baton Rouge. Stopped to have a daiquiri.

Well indaswamp I screwed up. I misread and misunderstood where prejeans was. Thought it was here in Baton Rouge. I missed out. Now going to look around here for some good Cajun food. If you have any suggestions let me know. Thx lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky