Swineapples

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

griz400

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
Going to make a couple swineapples, first, will be pre-smoking 2 small loins with my rub and 1 tenderloin with butter/Italian herbs and spog, then skin outside of 2 pineapples, hollow out and bacon wrap, stuff with loin in 1, and tenderloin in other and back on the smoker till bacon and pineapple is all done .... will pre-smoke all meat to 145 internal so a safety margin is followed ... in 1 I may brush inside of pineapple with some sweet baby ray's . and was thinking of trying 1 and sprinkle a little brown sugar to outside of pineapple before bacon wrapping it ...
Will run thermometers in em and maybe see an increase of internal to 150 or so ..cause I will let meat cool some first before stuffing in the pineapples ....
I will get this all started around noon or so tomorrow , have meat in fridge with rubs on it, gonna put on reverse low and hickory for fire ...pics tomorrow
Here is hoe Jeff did it ... http://www.smoking-meat.com/may-26-2016-the-amazing-smoked-swineapple

Last edited:
Well, thanks Richie, never did these before, matter of fact only heard about 5 days ago... lol, I fired up smoker and will put loins and tenderloin on at 10:00
IMG_0905.JPG
measured out clearance from bottom grate in smoker and trimmed of some leaves ...
IMG_0904.JPG

will be later when I put it all together, will have to let meat cool off, and carve up the pineapples ..

here is ( morning wood) ... lol ...
IMG_0906.JPG

Last edited:
Well,meat is like half done now 110 degrees, cleaned out, skinned both pineapples ..took like 40 minutes each .. lot of prep work, I stuck em both in a bag and put em freezer .. gonna leave em like that for about an hr or so, real juicy ... waiting on the meat now ...

Here we go ... loins done , pinapples stuffed and wrapped and on the smoker .. 12:00 ....
IMG_0907.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

left piece in

IMG_0910.JPG
trimmed off
IMG_0911.JPG
top on

IMG_0912.JPG
second one with the Italian seasoned and butter
IMG_0913.JPG

both bacon wrapped and ready
IMG_0914.JPG

on the smoker ... probably a couple hrs now ....is now 12:15

well,all done .... ! fell over, other I think is perfect .. .. wife is making sides ..
here we go

IMG_0915.JPG

one fell over .. and had a bacon loss ... other looks perfect though ... wife is inside making some sides ... plated version next

Last edited:
Reactions: Rings Я Us
here we go ... potatoes and cauliflower and cheese
IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0920.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Rings Я Us
Tasted pretty good, I like all the ingredients, was around 2 hrs for the bacon to crisp at 230 degrees ... I like the hickory taste on top..thanks for the point Gary

Last edited:
Jeff That looks great,I tried it with ground pork,the pineapple turned the meat to mush.Points
Richie

Thanks Richie, I never made one before, had a good taste, some potatoes and cheesy cauliflower made it a meal .. thanks for point as well

Thanks john, eating 2 slices at work right now for lunch .. thanks for point as well

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky