Stuffed Flank Steak.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Stuffing a flanker fajita style.
First we need to butterfly it open like a book across the grain.

IMG_1834.jpeg

I season the inside with a Carne Asada rub from Kinders. Then I season the outside with a Fajita rub from Kinders. Really good stuff.
IMG_1835.jpeg

Then I make homemade refried beans.
IMG_1836.jpeg

Then I sauté some fresh minced garlic with red onion and bell pepper, a little bit of Pinot Gris at the end for acid.
IMG_1838.jpeg

Let all of that cool, then its time to stuff. Start with a base layer of sour cream, then a layer of refried beans, then the veggies and topped with some rough chopped Colorado roasted green Chile.
IMG_1839.jpeg

Roll it up, tie it off and this sucker is headed for smoke and an IT of about 125*.
IMG_1840.jpeg

Will post the finish.

After seeing your other post, I was thinking the same thing. Go for it. The butterfly is the hard part, needs to be thick enough. This one was a bit thin but I’m handy with a knife and made it work. It’s delicious.

Stuffing a flanker fajita style.
First we need to butterfly it open like a book across the grain.

View attachment 686769
I season the inside with a Carne Asada rub from Kinders. Then I season the outside with a Fajita rub from Kinders. Really good stuff.
View attachment 686770
Then I make homemade refried beans.
View attachment 686771
Then I sauté some fresh minced garlic with red onion and bell pepper, a little bit of Pinot Gris at the end for acid.
View attachment 686772
Let all of that cool, then its time to stuff. Start with a base layer of sour cream, then a layer of refried beans, then the veggies and topped with some rough chopped Colorado roasted green Chile.
View attachment 686773
Roll it up, tie it off and this sucker is headed for smoke and an IT of about 125*.
View attachment 686774
Will post the finish.
Geezzz that looks beautiful! 🫡

Last edited:
Reactions: SmokinEdge
There you go, love this.
And rolled right , so when sliced, across the grain it will be.
That is going to be tasty.

David
You are very astute David, and the roll direction was something I was going to add at the actual cut, but yes, always need to cut across the grain on flank.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
And the tying job.....Sheesh! I need to come to colorado for a butterflying and tying tutorial!

Jim

You had me at Flank Steak but damn that is a thing of Beauty!! Please show the end result so we can all Drool!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky