Stuffed Chicken Breast and Twice Baked Potato

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

petehalsted

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
Another one of my famous last minute decisions. She decided to pick up something for her dinner and told me to do the 2 chicken breast I had out how ever I wanted.

Decided I would stuff and smoke them. So what to stuff them with.... We make a lot of greek salads so I decided to use some of those items.

Made a pocket and stuffed with Artichoke Heart, Banana Pepper Rings, and Feta Cheese. They were skinless, so I replaced gave them some pig skin (bacon) and a decent coat of Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Barbecue seasoning.

In the smoker @250. Pulled them when they hit 160 IT. Used the grill to crisp them up just a touch and add a very light coating our our home made "Sweet Miss Diane's sauce"

The sauce is always sweet, it depends on how much of a mess I make if Miss Diane is sweet!

I had one smoked potato left from yesterdays prime rib, so I turned it into twice smoked potato skins. Cut it in half, scoop out the good stuff mixed with some sour cream and sharp cheddar, put back in the skin and then some Chef Paul's on top. Put them in the smoker when the chicken had about 30 minutes to go.

When I brought them in, suddenly Momma decided she wanted to try them after all LOL.

Notes: Cream Cheese would have been better I think, Feta doesn't melt at those temps. I could have pulled them at 155, and then done the grill. They weren't dry, but they could have been juicier, if that makes sense. The feta contributed to the "dry taste" as well.

ck1.jpg ck2.jpg ck3.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky