Stuffed burgers (aka Juicy Lucy) & Chicken wings w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
Well my brother (wl_kb3) came to town so we could go to our local USHL Junior hockey teams championship games so we figured we would have to smoke something. This all sounded really great Friday night before we went to the game but the game went into three OT's and didn't get over until after midnight plus we decided to go out for some more fun after the game so lets just say it was a late night and a miserable Sat. The next morning or actually the next afternoon when it was time to fire up the smoker things were going really slow. But we finally got everything going. We made some Stuffed burgers aka Juicy Lucy's as they are known in MN and wings. We stuffed with burgers with American cheese and onions and the wings were marinated in wing sauce then sprinkled with some wing seasoning I had. They were good but next time I want to coat them with some more sauce as I raise the temps at the end of the smoke to crisp up the skin. Here are the pics.

Burgers with cheese.

Onions added.

Ready for the smoker.

Wings sitting in the wing sauce for a while.

Wings went on first.

Burgers all done.

The burger money shot.

Wings all done.

We smoked the legs for around two hours and the burgers around 1 hour. The smoker temps were around 250-275 since we were running short on time.
Thanks for looking at our post.

Totally awesome. Wings and stuffed burgers are right up my alley. Points to you sir.
points.gif

Yep they were. And I just had a few more wings and they were pretty good too I found some different sauce to put on them. I do have to say that so far smoking isn't my prefered method to eat a wing but still very good.

HELL YEAH dude ! That is what we are talking about . Did they eat as good as them pictures look ? Great QVIEW . I am pretty weak on Qview .

Beautiful!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Another great idea from this site! Juicy Lucy -- a mini, beef-based fattie that goes in a bun! I'm thinkin' this might need a bacon wrap to "top it off." My whole family will love these!!!

Great looking burger and then the wings look great too. Now I haven't ever smoked them yet, the family loves the grilled with my sauce so...... Now I made stuffed burgers a couple of years ago and I cann't make a regular burger fort he family will think that we are shorting them. But great job.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

One side note is we made them much smaller this time and they were a much better side. The first burgers I made were over a 1 lb to 1.5 lb each before the filling was added which was a tad bit too big.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky