Storing pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbrevard

Original poster
Mar 10, 2018
What do you guys use/recommend to store pellets in. I just got a new pellet smoker and new to this whole side of things.

You can use a 5 gallon buck and lid from Home Depot, Loews and Menard's. They also have containers for dog food with a spout , this allows you can pour the pellets.

I use these jugs (Below) for Dust and/or Pellets. The caps are wide-mouth for filling with a funnel, and they screw on tight to keep humidity out.

For those of you who have an "A-MAZE-N-SMOKER", or any other dust burning smoke generator, This is how I keep my powder (Dust) & Pellets dry. Humidity will effect how the dust & pellets burn. That's why the lid must seal completely.

Bear

DSC01239.JPG

Last edited:
I use those empty plastic cat litter containers. Built-in handles and flip-top lids come in handy. I've got about a dozen of them stacked up in the garage, full from the $5 Pit Boss competition blend blowout @ Walmart last fall ($5 for 40lbs)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky