Steak Fajitas on the Blackstone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Evening smokers and griddlers and everything in between. Did some steak Fajitas on the Blackstone tonight and they turned out pretty tasty.

Started off with a huge piece of skirt steak. It's a favorite of mine for fajitas. On the flip side I absolutely hate trimming them. This one took me 45 minutes.
IMG_20200624_172409.jpg

As you can see I ended up with a nice pile of fat and silverskin. After cleaning up the skirt steak I divided up and made strips cutting across the grain. Doing that will cause you to have a perfect bite everytime.
IMG_20200624_173504.jpg

Into a bowl and ready for marinade. I used Badia Mojo. It can be found in almost any grocery store in the Mexican isle. It's delicious on fajitas
IMG_20200624_173643.jpg

Also marinated some Vidalia onions and Ted bell peppers in the same marinade. Got the Blackstone running about medium heat and hot the veggies on to soften and get a little char.
IMG_20200624_191025.jpg

Next was the skirt steak
IMG_20200624_191218.jpg

Cooked it a few minutes to get some color on it then mixed in the Vegetables to get all the flavors together
IMG_20200624_191539.jpg

Here they are finished up
IMG_20200624_192346~2.jpg

Fixed me up 3 with queso, sour cream, Rotel and some habanero cheese and Verde sauce
IMG_20200624_193718.jpg

And my first one. I don't have any of those fancy taco holders so used the ones God gave me
IMG_20200624_193747.jpg

Please excuse the pic quality. I got a new phone and the camera blows. Nonetheless fajitas were a hit with everyone and turned out pretty delicious

Looks great, cooked some chops yesterday with some ruion mix on them to see if was possible, it worked fine, didn't think to take pictures though , been slacking lol

Great meal
I got Blackstone on Father’s Day and cooking everyday so far , today was chicken quesadillas

Attachments

• D7B7C316-7D19-4479-95D3-9B19ED2B2882.jpeg
    D7B7C316-7D19-4479-95D3-9B19ED2B2882.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Looks good Jake. Skirt steak here is expensive. I never buy it.

Looks good Jake! Love your taco holders...I have a set just like them. Love this forum...the to do list is ever growing and the want list for new toys is getting bigger also. You guys have been putting out some awesome cooks on your griddles!

Ryan

Looks great, cooked some chops yesterday with some ruion mix on them to see if was possible, it worked fine, didn't think to take pictures though , been slacking lol
Thanks Mike and I understand. Things get furious using the griddle and things get missed

Looks good Jake! Love your taco holders...I have a set just like them. Love this forum...the to do list is ever growing and the want list for new toys is getting bigger also. You guys have been putting out some awesome cooks on your griddles!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. You need a griddle. Treat yourself

Looks excellent Jake! You hit another one out of the Park. Oh wait, Baseball doesn't start til the end of July. Too soon? LOL. Enjoy!

Mike

Looks tasty and you know I like that habanero cheese! I like flank or skirt for fajitas too.

Those Blackstone Griddles are great. When I bought our house last year our realtor gave us one of the big Blackstone griddles, and since then I've made fajita's more times than I can count, steak and chicken, and even Philly Cheesesteaks a few times. These griddles are worth their money, even more so if its a gift:emoji_sunglasses:.
Hell, my wife even made a huge breakfast of eggs, bacon, and pancakes all at the same time when we had my sisters 6 kids over for a sleepover with our 4 kids.

Reactions: noboundaries
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky