STEAK AND TATERS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
I was recently blessed with a beautiful package of goodies from Robert tx smoker tx smoker .....i couldnt wait to finally get to cook this monster Certified Piedmontese T-bone steak! Weighing in at 2lb 1oz. Ive heard nothing but good reveiws about C.P.

Started out seasoning this bad boy down with some of jeffs Texas rub
0101212144.jpg

Vac packed and into the fridge over night
0101212154a.jpg

I decided I had to have potatoes with this steak....it just wouldnt be right without them. I found a recipe on line using goat cheese and roasted garlic for scalloped potatoes..
Started with roasting the garlic.....the whole house smelled wonderfull!!! Lol!
0102211709_HDR.jpg

The goat cheese got mixed into a cup of cream and a cup of milk...the roasted garlic and seasoned with salt and pepper. All layered in a casserole dish and baked for about an hour at 400°
0102211727.jpg
0102211843.jpg
0102212129a_HDR.jpg

The steak was pretty thick so a reverse sear was my choice of cooking method. It went on my UDS with mesquite wood at 180° until an IT of 110°.
0102212324_HDR.jpg

And then for the best part! I got to break in my new 22" weber kettle! Man am I excited about this thing! I set it up for super hot direct grilling for the sear.
0102212328a.jpg

I forgot to get a pic of the steak sliced on the cutting board but I did get a plated shot..

Served up with the roasted garlic and goat cheese scalloped potatoes and a pile of fresh green beans.
0103210008.jpg

WOW! Talk about flavor! The CP beef is packed with rich beefy flavor! Tender,juicy deliciousness! Its the kind of richness you wouldnt expect from this cut. Almost concentrated. The potatoes were awesome! Rich and creamy! They went perfect with the steak! Robert, I cant say enough how much I appreciate this wonderful gift! I'm so glad I got to experience the CP beef!

Thanks for taking a look!

Great looking plate Travis. That steak sure looks yummy

Point for sure
Chris

Looks awesome Travis! Steak looks perfect, and those taters look scrumptious.

Ryan

Holy cow Travis....literally!! That steak looks amazing. Perfectly cooked and the whole meal looks picture perfect. You certainly did that piece of beef proud and made the best of it. As great as the meal looks though, that pic of the steak on the grill will take your breath away. Those are the moments we live for my friend.

Robert, I cant say enough how much I appreciate this wonderful gift!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate having the honor of doing an exchange with you this year. This has certainly been a banner year for SMF holiday exchanges, I'll say that. So much fun, so many gifts shared back and forth, and so much holiday cheer bestowed by so many people. 2020 may have been pretty dismal overall but it sure ended on a LOT of happy notes.

Robert

Travis, that Steak is Amazing! Cooked perfectly. Those potatoes look delicious. You've done a great job.
Thanks for sharing.

Hell yeah Travis you nailed it. I agree with you on the flavor of the cpb. Blew me away. I still have alot of steaks Robert sent me and I'm gonna ration them lol. Nice work bud

Man you nailed that steak just right. That CPB sure is tasty beef. Love the use of the goat cheese in the potatoes. I’ll be stealing that I’m the future as a sub for cream cheese in a mash cauliflower or scalloped “Fauxtatoes”.

Holy cow Travis....literally!! That steak looks amazing. Perfectly cooked and the whole meal looks picture perfect. You certainly did that piece of beef proud and made the best of it. As great as the meal looks though, that pic of the steak on the grill will take your breath away. Those are the moments we live for my friend.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate having the honor of doing an exchange with you this year. This has certainly been a banner year for SMF holiday exchanges, I'll say that. So much fun, so many gifts shared back and forth, and so much holiday cheer bestowed by so many people. 2020 may have been pretty dismal overall but it sure ended on a LOT of happy notes.

Robert
Thanks Robert ! Searing that steak was the best part! Letting it rest before slicing felt like an eternity! Lol!

Beautiful plate and great Beef...JJ

Travis, that Steak is Amazing! Cooked perfectly. Those potatoes look delicious. You've done a great job.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! The whole meal was great!
Steak looks perfect and the meal as a whole looks dang tasty!
Thanks! It sure was tasty!
Hell yeah Travis you nailed it. I agree with you on the flavor of the cpb. Blew me away. I still have alot of steaks Robert sent me and I'm gonna ration them lol. Nice work bud
Thanks Jake! Definitely worth saving back for special occasions!

Great looking plate!
Thanks holiday!
Man you nailed that steak just right. That CPB sure is tasty beef. Love the use of the goat cheese in the potatoes. I’ll be stealing that I’m the future as a sub for cream cheese in a mash cauliflower or scalloped “Fauxtatoes”.
Thanks Jeff! We loved the tangy flavor the goat cheese added. Would be good in cauliflower or your fauxtatoes! The recipe I found actually used black truffle goat cheese. If I could have found any I would have used that. I couldnt imagine how good the bwould have been with the addition of the black truffle!
Beautiful plate and great Beef...JJ
Thanks JJ! I agree ....great beef!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky