Soooo It's Thursday.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqgoddess

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 13, 2008
TEMPLE CITY, SO CALIFORNIA
What are you smoking this weekend?

I have not made my mind up, I have really had some butt envy lately...I think its time for some pp sammies......perhaps some chix for salads next week.....
What about you???
BBQG

pork belly bacon is getting a little low in the freezer-have 6 or so #s in cure for a saturday smoke-maybe a beer can chicked with those salt potatoes I read about-never had them and they sound up my ally. good luck to all.

Either a butt or a chuck. Of course it is up to the boss
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Buck Wheezer is coming over with a few other friends. (wife is gone for weekend) Brisket, ribs, fatties... probably some hot dogs for the kids.

I'm thinking BB with the 2-2-1 method, some roasted corn on the cob, and some home made garlic smashed potatoes. I'm really getting into this smoking thing, I love cooking food low and slow, I can see why everyone here is into it too.
smile.gif

Got da next three days off from bringin in our tobacco so, gonna get some wingies, eye round (what ever that is - what it says on the butchers paper), pickled cherry peppers, and some other odds and ends. Feel free to make some suggestions - I'm happy with my ribs and brisket for now but everything else I just fly from the seat of my pants!!!!! May even wack a goose or two if they show up again.
biggrin.gif

Don't know as of yet kicking around the idea of chuck roast. Haven't had smoked enchiladas for a while. The weather is pretty warm here hitting tripple digits. Might just say the hell with it and hit the lake or beach.

I'm with the majority of the group and will be smoking some butt's tomorrow to kick of my 3-day weekend. Will be trying a new "hickory-bacon" rub that my local meat market sells as a pre-packaged rub. Smells good ....

2 or 3 racks of St. Louis style ribs and a breakfast fatty per special request of the Mrs. Don't know if I'll be smoking Saturday or Sunday yet as we may be travelling to Omaha Saturday to pick up a Rhodesian Ridgeback pup
biggrin.gif

It's your lucky day Kelly. Tonight is the night for your requested Mac and Cheese. You know me, expect a twist though. I just came in from the garage and found another tool that I havent used in years.
icon_surprised.gif
OH, Oh!

I think I am doing a butt. Gonna start it Saturday. Hopefully finish it Saturday too. Also gonna do some ABT's. Probably do some of them tomorrow.

You go Gene!!
biggrin.gif

Lookin forward to see how your wings turn out, they have to be a quick smoke compared to other meats. And what other "odds and ends" may we see coming from your smoker?

I'm going to do some baby backs Saturday afternoon, maybe you'll be doing the same, we can remind each other when to add the wood chips.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

12 pounds of top round to jerky tommorow and some sweet pepper abt's.

Then, well, whatever is on sale i guess!

My buddy just brought me a gallon of Kings BBQ Sauce, from North Carolina. So I am making butt for him and me and the spouses, and the neighbors, and your mamma, and my mamma, and the nice man down the street that feeds the birds.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky