Sometimes a Simpler Chili Version on Sunday hits the spot

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 13, 2015
Coatesville, IN
There has got to be more versions of chili than one can count. I've tasted a number of them and most I liked a lot but today was about enjoying the games and putting together a simple version of Smoked Brisket Chili. Multiple and different cans of beans, 1 1/2 lbs of chopped brisket which we thawed out yesterday, some tomato sauce and 2 -3 tbs of chili seasoning. Let it simmer for 2-3 hours then let it sit. Warm it back up and dinner is ready. This stuff is always good eats.

IMG_0015.jpg

Matt

There has got to be more versions of chili than one can count. I've tasted a number of them and most I liked a lot but today was about enjoying the games and putting together a simple version of Smoked Brisket Chili. Multiple and different cans of beans, 1 1/2 lbs of chopped brisket which we thawed out yesterday, some tomato sauce and 2 -3 tbs of chili seasoning. Let it simmer for 2-3 hours then let it sit. Warm it back up and dinner is ready. This stuff is always good eats.

View attachment 678590

Matt
I love chilli!

Reactions: schlotz
Sure looks good . Made a pot a couple days ago .

I do chili and soup this way . Adds to the flavor in my opinion
yup, letting ingredient flavors meld usually makes the dish better

Looks really good Matt. It also reminds me my stash of chili in the freezer is almost depleted.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: schlotz
Chili looks good.
And it was Brian! Best part is it gets even better the next day.
Looks really good Matt. It also reminds me my stash of chili in the freezer is almost depleted.
Dangerous thing when the stash gets depleted, Chris. Time to stock up!
Love a good bowl or 4 of chili

Must be made for me , as you said simple chili, and people say i'm simple. so i'm in.

David
This might be right down your alley David. Beans, Smoked Brisket, Tomato sauce and some chili spices of your choosing. The wife actually came up with the original recipe but we modify it based on what beans are available and we feel about the spice level that day. This go around was 3 cans of Brooks mild chili beans, 1 can of Brooks hot chili beans, and 1/3 pack of Brooks original Chili Seasoning. Never used their Hot beans before so went light on the spice pack. We're also fond of some grated extra sharp cheddar on top.

This might be right down your alley David. Beans, Smoked Brisket, Tomato sauce and some chili spices of your choosing. The wife actually came up with the original recipe but we modify it based on what beans are available and we feel about the spice level that day. This go around was 3 cans of Brooks mild chili beans, 1 can of Brooks hot chili beans, and 1/3 pack of Brooks original Chili Seasoning. Never used their Hot beans before so went light on the spice pack. We're also fond of some grated extra sharp cheddar on top.

That sounds great, we are the same , do lots of chili. And it changes to how we feel and what is on hand that day.
Always beans in ours , if not it's just sloppy Joes :emoji_yum: sorry Texas folks.

David

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky