Something old, something new, nothing blue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow a great cook Chris man I could go for one of them sammies and then a snack of that ham. Corn here has been great this year.

Warren

Seriously Chris? You are killing me here. I'm way over of the West coast. Why you gotta do me like that? I want about 10 of those Reubens. Looks so good. Two big thumbs up for you sir.

G

We LOVE Reubens, Chris and yours has my stomach growling. I've got a frozen corned beef brisket just begging to get cooked. Thank you for the idea...

That Reuben looks outstanding Chris, ham and corn looks excellant also

Thank you very much Jim and for the like. All three were very good and I have to keep telling myself to leave the ham alone.

Excellent work, very good eats there.

Thank you kindly Winter, it was a good meal on a very hot day.

Chris

Another great cook!!!
We love Reubens here!

Appreciate it Justin and for the like. They are good.

Seriously Chris? You are killing me here. I'm way over of the West coast. Why you gotta do me like that? I want about 10 of those Reubens. Looks so good. Two big thumbs up for you sir.

G

Thanks G. and for the like. I have frozen the leftovers if your ever in the neighborhood. Just give me a call.

Chris

Wow a great cook Chris man I could go for one of them sammies and then a snack of that ham. Corn here has been great this year.

Warren

Appreciate it Warren and for the like. The corn here is out of this world this year. I think the sammie just compliments the corn.

I'd wait in line for that Reuben, a really nice piece of work Chris, like! RAY

Thank you kindly for the nice words and like Ray. Sure beats the heck out of Deli meats.

Chris

We LOVE Reubens, Chris and yours has my stomach growling. I've got a frozen corned beef brisket just begging to get cooked. Thank you for the idea...

Appreciate it GS and for the like. Get on that frozen CB and make some you won't be disappointed.

Chris

Thanks Dave and for the like. Unfortunately the hearts have all been claimed by the wife. I don't even get to grill them.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
All looks Great, Chris!!
And I'm waiting for some Hearts to show up too!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Looks great, we have a slicer like that but not sure where it is, bought another 1 2 years ago that was missing a roller, need to get 1 ordered, the old 1 was slow but worked fine

Looks great Chris!! I’m down to two vac packs of pastrami. Time for me to smoke some more. Heart is something I’ve yet to try. I need to give it a go.

All looks Great, Chris!!
And I'm waiting for some Hearts to show up too!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Thanks John and for the like. About every 3 or 4 months the local grocer gets a shipment of beef hearts in. I have to pounce on them when I see them.

Looks great, we have a slicer like that but not sure where it is, bought another 1 2 years ago that was missing a roller, need to get 1 ordered, the old 1 was slow but worked fine

Appreciate it Mike. Mines an old Oyster slicer that the parents bought when I was young. It only gets use maybe 3 times a year, but it hasn't failed.

Chris

Looks great Chris!! I’m down to two vac packs of pastrami. Time for me to smoke some more. Heart is something I’ve yet to try. I need to give it a go.

Thank you very much Jeff and for the like, We're fully restocked with pastrami for now. As for the hearts I've never tried one either, but the wife loves them. Maybe someday soon I'll try a piece of hers.

Chris

Reactions: jcam222
kruizer kruizer thanks for the like appreciate it.

Chris

Thanks John and for the like. About every 3 or 4 months the local grocer gets a shipment of beef hearts in. I have to pounce on them when I see them

Chris

I used to love Rabbit & Pheasant Hearts too!!
But I haven't had any since I quit hunting.

Bear

Reactions: gmc2003
I'm not sure who(if anyone reads all the replies or follow up posts), but here is what became of the ham I smoked after I picked at it a few times. Boy was it gooooood.

First I used my food processor to grind it up. Then added some garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, pickle juice, and just enough mayo so it semi held together. The seasonings were added to taste.

DSC01960.JPG

Then some very lightly toasted rye bread(toasters lowest setting), a little mayo on one slice, a good amount of ham salad, pickle, swiss cheese, and two slices of tomato.

DSC01963.JPG

All sliced up - ready for chomping time!!!
DSC01967.JPG

There you have it the double smoked ham salad sandwich.

Thanks again for looking.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky