Some Baby Backs on the Vault

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

QueBeard

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 18, 2018
Upstate SC
Normally I like to run my ribs unwrapped straight through, but I've been watching some videos this week and I'm always up for new things.

2 hours at 250, 1.25 hours wrapped with butter and brown sugar meat side down. At this point IT was already pushing 200 but they were sloppy so I threw them back on unwrapped for an hour to set up. Then brushed them with Franklin Sauce and under the broiler for as long as it takes to wash a set of tongs.

Overall, they were delicious and I ate the whole rack. A little pull left on the bigger ribs.

I still prefer a 5 hour smoke with a nice dark, thick bark. But they were tasty.
IMG_20200613_205108680.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200613_203722673.jpg
    IMG_20200613_203722673.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Smkryng
Wow, you’ve been smoking up a storm! Ribs look fantastic but I’m with you, I always go unwrapped on spare ribs. Done plenty of spares but tomorrow I’ll be doing my first baby backs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky