so what is everyone doing Thanksgiving?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well should you open a store make sure you consider a website that allows you to seel and ship online. You would get a decent amount of business from this site I would guess. Can I pre order
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

todd english! cool!
cool.gif

Shellbell, thanks for the link!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Tanya, that store idea sounds great!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Spent over year working for todd english at his restaurant in D.C. Also got to spend some time working with his top pastry chef Paige Retus. They wrote his Olives dessert table cookbook together. Both are incredible chefs!
Anyone ever eat at olives or figs?

add some Lemongrass to that Turkey soup, it is the BEST!!

Hey Lisa.....where do I find lemongrass in central NY??

Yep, the one in vegas. Sure was tasty.
smile.gif

Edited to add...sorry it took me so long to answer your question...Mr and Mrs Coors just knocked on the door. :)

Thank you LisaCSCO. You have a great Thanksgiving too.
Heading to my sisters which is only 2 miles away.
I'm smoking half the turkey I guess you could say. I'm smoking and 9#er and she's baking a 10#er. I've just made up my brine and waiting for it to cool down to insert it.
Everyone have a happy Thanksgiving and safe trips too.
ray

To tell you the truth I think it's going to be me and the wife. That would be the only holiday that I could remember when that there wasn't someone of our family(kids) here with us on the day of the holiday. The kids are really growing up I guess they have their own lifes and we are going to have a nice peaceful day just the wife and I. Now thats a change we will be cooking our little (yea sure we are fat kids here) butts off till thursday for sure with office parties and the elderly people that we help out and the baby showers that are coming up. So I think we are going to have one of our favorites this year and thats a good ole seafood boil with some clams, oyster, mussels, shrimp, scallops, fish, and yes crabs but not the one in the fish tank and then we will really be FAT an HAPPY. Happy Thanksgiving ALL
PS this Florida the rulz are differant

We'll end up with about 15 folks at the house and a few strays to feed at the airport.

Tomorrow is side dish day: green bean casserole, mashed parsnips & potatoes, sweet potato casserole, soccatash, rutabagas and cranberry sauce.

Wednesday is dessert day: Apple pies, mincemeat pie, pumpkin pie. oatmeal pie and Maple Cheesecake with cranberry compote. will also brine the two turkeys.

T-Day: Momma will roast a 25 Lber and I will Smokfry a 15Lber. Momma will make some killer gravy & stuffing and I'll turn the carcasses into several gallons of stock.

Friday thru Sunday will be recovery time and maybe a trip down to the Houston Autorama Car Show to walk off a couple-10 pounds!! :)

Hope everyone has a great one! All Y'all that are traveling, be SAFE out there!!

Unfortunately, I don't have a choice. Across the meadow and through the woods, to Mother-in-law's house we go. The atmosphere is somber at it's high point. We will sit down to overcooked turkey, Stove Top Stuffing, boxed mashed potatoes, canned veggies and bottled gravy. Everyone will be gushing with praise about how wonderful the meal is (while i try not to vomit). After dinner, we will have store bought and defrosted pies for desert (anyone want a invite, you can take my place). Then they will proceed to play cards for the next 6 hours (I drive my truck over separately). I am truly looking forward to another exciting Thanksgiving.

On Sunday, I will cook a proper dinner at my house, along with everything being home-made. And then I will truly give Thanks.

At least you have sunday....I think the homeless shelters get fresher food then that.....Bite the tongue i guess-Had to do that before-good luck!!!!

Back to Iowa with the inlaws-dinner will be good, turkey & ham, and I have 2 8lb butts to take along as well. Sister in law bringing some dynamite brisket from Texas (someone makes it for her)
Driving 26 hours out of the 96 of the weekend
mad.gif
tired butt

23 of us will be at my sister in laws. Wife and I just smoked some mozarella and mixed nuts to take. We are also doing an andouille sausage cornbread stuffing and a fresh sourdough stuffing
Driving 150 mi each way to go pick up my dad and bring him down - just found out he wants to go back on Friday so I will be doin my best Willie Nelson on the road again immitation

staying home and cooking.

(1) stuffed bird in the oven
(1) buttmilk brined bone in breast on the GOSM

maybe do a butt all nighter friday night, or some bb ribs on Saturday. there will be bbq pork one way or the other

happy thanksgiving all.

We used to always drive 200 miles to mom and dad's house for Thanksgiving, then we moved up here! Even then, we always had Thanksgiving at their house, as mom likes to do everything HER way (ya'all know how THAT is! LOL)

We almost always had our dinner on Saturday, because the guys were out deer hunting on Thursday. It worked out well, as mom and I had time to relax and plan our attack on the stores on Friday and then do most of the cooking on Saturday when my brother and his wife were also able to join us.

Dad passed away unexpectedly in May, and mom's been spending a lot of time at our house since then. Five or six days every two weeks or so, because she's just too lonely, and we live the closest (and have the room for her). Mom doesn't want to deal with Thanksgiving at her house but still wants to do all the cooking! We're having dinner here, but she's going to cook everything. We're also having it on Saturday, because then my brother and his wife can make it, and the deer hunt will be over.

It's going to be a difficult holiday season, but my brother and I are here for my mom (unlike my two sisters!) and will do everything we can to help make it easier for her AND for the rest of us.

I LOVE mom's Thanksgiving meal, and would have made the same things if I was doing the cooking, so I don't mind half the work and all the food! LOL

Going to a big family dinner Thursday about an hour and ahalf, then it's back to the house to smoke 2 turkeys and a ham on Friday then back over there Saturday for another Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner on Saturday. May need to invest in a gas station, oh wait I use to have one of them
biggrin.gif

Absolutely none of that driving-family-hassle for us here. Just us two...Thanksgiving is our quiet time.

Traditional oven roasted turkey, mashed taters (from real ones) pan-drippins gravy, green beans, homemade cranberry sauce and a nice bottle of wine.

We will enjoy the time together with a quiet, peaceful day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky