First Cook for a small party

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mmckinney331

Original poster
Jun 5, 2020
Hope everyone is having a great Sunday. Quick question about a small cook I’m doing. It’s for a family friend and I will be doing 40 chicken quarters on the smoker and chicken flipper. What would someone charge and remember not trying to give it away but cover cost and make some funds for my time?

Will be traveling with the smoker trailer and purchasing the chicken.

He’s a good guy and doesn’t expect it done for free but what do we think is a fair price?

This is my first small cook too btw.

Thanks for any and all input.

Well IMO, you need to add up your costs for everything you want to be reimbursed for.
How much is your time worth to "you"? 5$/hr $10, $20 or ?. Probably the most difficult part.
How much you paid for the chicken, any seasoning, and misc.
Estimate your fuel cost for driving and for the cooking, plus any other expenses.
Just my 2 cents...

Reactions: mmckinney331
Thanks all input helps. I was thinking cover the cost of chicken and just charge for my time and travel as it will be on the books.

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky