Smoked Tuscan Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hitechredneck

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
San Antonio Area
I made this for my wife a year or so ago and since then it has become a staple in our house.
I've made this a couple ways. The first time I did it, I simply followed a recipe for Tuscan Chicken.
Then I decided to kick it up and smoke the chicken first.
I'll capture some pictures next time I make it and edit this post, but for now, the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
3 cloves minced garlic
1 cup diced mushrooms
4-6 skin on chicken thighs
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon oregano (dry)
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
3 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Lemon wedges, for serving

Directions:
Part 1 - cook the chicken
Rub chicken with salt and pepper and oregano
Set your smoker to a high temp smoke ~300F
Smoke the chicken thighs to an internal temp of 165F. Set aside.

Part 2 - cook the sauce
In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil, butter, garlic and mushrooms on medium-high heat until mushrooms are soft.
Reduce heat to medium and add the halved cherry tomatoes.
Season with salt and pepper.
When the tomatoes are heated through and starting to wilt, add spinach.
Stir the spinach until it begins to wilt.
Lastly, stir in the heavy cream and the parmesan. Bring the whole thing to a slow simmer. Reducing the mixture slightly.
Add the smoked chicken to the mixture and heat the chicken thoroughly.

What is so good about this whole recipe is the sauce. Get you some bread to soak it up.
Also, it pairs nicely with a good white wine and a salad. It's definitely not fat free, but if you're on a Keto diet, it is almost carb neutral.

I made this for my wife a year or so ago and since then it has become a staple in our house.
I've made this a couple ways. The first time I did it, I simply followed a recipe for Tuscan Chicken.
Then I decided to kick it up and smoke the chicken first.
I'll capture some pictures next time I make it and edit this post, but for now, the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
3 cloves minced garlic
1 cup diced mushrooms
4-6 skin on chicken thighs
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 teaspoon oregano (dry)
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
3 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Lemon wedges, for serving

Directions:
Part 1 - cook the chicken
Rub chicken with salt and pepper and oregano
Set your smoker to a high temp smoke ~300F
Smoke the chicken thighs to an internal temp of 165F. Set aside.

Part 2 - cook the sauce
In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil, butter, garlic and mushrooms on medium-high heat until mushrooms are soft.
Reduce heat to medium and add the halved cherry tomatoes.
Season with salt and pepper.
When the tomatoes are heated through and starting to wilt, add spinach.
Stir the spinach until it begins to wilt.
Lastly, stir in the heavy cream and the parmesan. Bring the whole thing to a slow simmer. Reducing the mixture slightly.
Add the smoked chicken to the mixture and heat the chicken thoroughly.

What is so good about this whole recipe is the sauce. Get you some bread to soak it up.
Also, it pairs nicely with a good white wine and a salad. It's definitely not fat free, but if you're on a Keto diet, it is almost carb neutral.
sounds great, would love some pics of the prep and cooks?

Man, just reading the recipe has me searching for a napkin. Look forward to the pics.
If it looks like anything I found on the 'net looks might darn good. Esp with a smoked chicken flavor in it.
Jim

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky