Smoked turkey breast deboned

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 20, 2016
Alberta Canada
We were given a 27# turkey before Xmas, I deconstructed the bird and smoked the legs, wings and thighs then. The breast was deboned and frozen until now as we had a nicer day today 18F. We took it out and thawed it to smoke for lunches and sammies. Made a brine of vegetable broth and water 1 gallon, 1 cup kosher salt mixed with pink himalayan chipotle salt, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 Tbsp coarse black pepper & 1 Tbsp summer savory, 1/4 cup honey. Brought to a boil then let cool. then immersed the breast and put in the fridge for 24 hrs. Pulled it and dried it placed on a rack then in a pan to dry in fridge for the night. Fired up the smoker and on she went. 3.5 hrs to 165 IT. pulled placed on the stove to cool for slicing. It turned out moist and juicy, great for us. Thx for looking.
Smoked Turkey breast.jpg

Sliced.jpg

Sliced turkey.jpg

Last edited:
Charlie That is a fine looking bird I like slicing that way also great job Like
Richie

image.jpeg
I did a very similar project this week also. Boned out breast and put in simple brine overnight. Tied the two halves together and after injecting with diluted maple syrup, back in the fridge overnight. Cooked over homemade charcoal and maple chunks at about 350 until IT of 165. Back in the fridge overnight. This is the only pic I have. Will slice thin today for sammies. I should mention that mixed some honey with the leftover diluted maple syrup and basted occasionally during cooking.

Reactions: tallbm
ab, I didn’t mean to hijack your thread with my pic. I guess I got a bit excited when I read someone was doing the same thing as I was. I sliced mine today and it was outstanding.

Looking back at what I did, I would have pulled the skin off and probably tied or put it into a net/bag as well. I can't complain about it though, the first bag of sliced meat is gone already lol.

Reactions: chopsaw
Looking back at what I did, I would have pulled the skin off and probably tied or put it into a net/bag as well. I can't complain about it though, the first bag of sliced meat is gone already lol.
I did boneless chicken breast that I removed skin rubbed and netted . Works good / looks good . Taste the same .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky