Smoked jalapeno and white cheddar filled potato balls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
While I have a brisket in the smoker for an overnight cook (prices finally dropped on brisket) I thought I would make some potato balls.

potato_balls_000.jpg

With the mash and filing ready lets begin.

potato_balls_001.jpg

Center filled balls ready for breading.

potato_balls_002.jpg

And breaded.

potato_balls_003.jpg

Into the smoker.

potato_balls_004.jpg

Ready to eat.

potato_balls_005.jpg

Way to go West coast Chris. Those potato balls look great. We've done stuffed chicken balls before, and will now have to add potato balls to the menu next time.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Holy smokes Chris!! I am loving those sir. Between these and the amazing potato dishes that David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) are doing, I really need yo up my game. You guys are killing it!! I could easily see myself with a plateful of those and a bowl of gravy for dunking, and I'd need nothing else :emoji_wink: Just spectacular.

Robert

Those look killer! I'm curious to see how you fill them.

Did you sauté the peppers prior to stuffing, or did they still have a “toothyness” to them?

Those look great!
What was the trick to get the filling in the middle, just pack taters around it?

I grab a small handfull of mash and indent the middle. Then place a ball of the cheese mix into the indent. After that I get more mash and cover the end. It is sticky enough to go together then roll it into a ball.

I did not do anything to the peppers or cheese. They get cooked just enough during the smoking process to make them a little soft but still have a nice bite.

Now I will have to reheat a couple and chow down since thinking about them is making me hungry.

Look great! How long did you have them in the smoker?
This was back in June. Looking thru my pictures it was just over four hours at 225*. I was smoking a brisket at the time so I had it low. If I was just to make the potato balls I would smoke it hotter and faster.

Reactions: srr5008
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky