Smoked jalapeno and white cheddar filled potato balls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It's good timing that this popped back up. We have friends coming over later so I am making some right now.

Potato balls and waffle fries in the smoker.

2023_potato_balls_100.jpg

Reactions: Fueling Around
I'm loving this. Keep the recipes flowing. Congrats on a belated feature.

Does the red potato mash stick better than the traditional russet mash?
I'm thinking my garden grown Kennebec would make a great substitute
Have you tried a ground meat filled center?

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
I'm loving this. Keep the recipes flowing. Congrats on a belated feature.

Does the red potato mash stick better than the traditional russet mash?
I'm thinking my garden grown Kennebec would make a great substitute
Have you tried a ground meat filled center?

I think russets would work just as well. I used red potatoes more for the flavor. I used russets for the waffle fries. DO NOT try and smoke waffle fries BTW. They came out horrible. Ended up throwing them away.

I think next go around I will go for a savory meat filled potato ball.

I think next go around I will go for a savory meat filled potato ball.

Love doing many different styles of the potato bombs, balls

Here is one that I filled with Cubin meat and sauce, and I smoked the ground meat first

" Cuban Papas Rellenas "

DSC_6473.JPG 20.JPG

David

Here is one that I filled with Cubin meat and sauce, and I smoked the ground meat first

" Cuban Papas Rellenas "

View attachment 673920 View attachment 673919

David
Now those I would eat till full... then put more in the wife's purse and save for later!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking

" Cuban Papas Rellenas "

View attachment 673920 View attachment 673919

David

Yes David, I am well aware of your amazing cooks. My inspiration for the potato balls is from a local LA based Cuban bakery named Portos. They have become famous here and now have about 10 locations. Everything they make is excellent from their cakes to bread and my favorite the beef tortas. I am pretty sure they deep fry their potato balls because they taste so damn good. The only bad thing is every location always has a long line to get your order.

portos_oct_3.jpg

Yes David, I am well aware of your amazing cooks. My inspiration for the potato balls is from a local LA based Cuban bakery named Portos. They have become famous here and now have about 10 locations. Everything they make is excellent from their cakes to bread and my favorite the beef tortas. I am pretty sure they deep fry their potato balls because they taste so damn good. The only bad thing is every location always has a long line to get your order.

View attachment 674049
Those are great looking foods they have there Chris,
I am sorry I was not trying to take away from your post or your great looking potato balls.
I apologize for hijacking your post and was not trying to take away from what you did, was not my intention.

David

No problem there David. I never thought you were hijacking the thread at all, just contributing to it. I do the same. Now I feel bad that I made you feel like that. OK Now you must post another amazing dish to make this go away.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
No problem there David. I never thought you were hijacking the thread at all, just contributing to it. I do the same. Now I feel bad that I made you feel like that. OK Now you must post another amazing dish to make this go away.

I get it Chris, sometimes I don't think and mean no harm.
But when I read your whole post , it just looked like I was injecting my cooks into your posts.

It is all good , as long as you understood I was not trying to take away from yours.

Thank you for understanding

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky