Smoked Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
These look great. I was just wondering at what temp and for how long you smoked them.

Chicken does not really benefit from the Low and Slow approach. still you would like some smoke flavor in the meat. For crispy skin you need in the very high 200º, usually I opt for 225º and just finish them up on a hot grill . Somewhere around 2 to 2 1/2 hours on my GOSM for me.

It is a great idea do you have pics of the final result ?
points.gif

Chicken does not really benefit from the Low and Slow approach. still you would like some smoke flavor in the meat. For crispy skin you need in the very high 200º, usually I opt for 225º and just finish them up on a hot grill . Somewhere around 2 to 2 1/2 hours on my GOSM for me.
Flash - these were boneless skinless chicken thighs so I didn't have to worry about crisping the skin, but I've used the smoker/grill method as well on other cuts and I've been happy with the results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky