Smoked chicken cordon bleu stuffed with cream cheese.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
So I have made cream cheese stuffed chicken and cordon bleu on their own but I wanted to combine them for this smoke.

Started with some thick cut chicken breasts
1.jpg

split and pounded for more surface area.
2.jpg

Dusted with Oak Ridge BBQ Santa Maria rub on the inside
5.jpg

6.jpg

Mixed up some chive cream cheese with finely chopped onion, yellow peppers, chopped garlic and black pepper
3.jpg

4.jpg

Put a smear of the cream cheese spread on one side and filled the rest up with ham and Swiss like a cordon bleu should be....starting to get hungry now.
7.jpg

8.jpg

Of course everything is better wrapped in bacon isn't it? More rub added to the exterior
9.jpg

Wrapped for a rest in the fridge while I get the smoker set up
10.jpg

On the smoker with a tube of Lumberjack cherry pellets, wanted to run the smoker at 300 (or at least at some point) to crisp up the bacon. Evidentially my electric is not capable of going higher than 270 when it is cold and a bit of wind. so had to shift gears for the end of the cook. smoke rolling.
11.jpg

Thin blue smoke or as close to it that can be done with pellets and an electric
12.jpg

pulled at about 145 deg, I wanted to crisp up the bacon so into a 400 degree oven for the finish
13.jpg

14.jpg

cut open for the money shot
15.jpg

All plated with asparagus and for me, some Caribbean hot sauce, pickled red onions and habaneros (thanks Steve H Steve H )
16.jpg

I would claim this to be a very successful cook, the wife agreed. I think adding the cream cheese stuffing just added, well creaminess to the dish. I will be doing this again, it had good smoke flavor and was juicy to boot.

Wow! That looks incredible! Great work! When I've tried to wrap cream cheese in meat before it always seems to leave a bit of a pocket as it looses mass with the heat and it doesn't look as good. You don't seem to have that same problem, do you think it was the additional peppers and onions mixed in?
Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: clifish
Wow! That looks incredible! Great work! When I've tried to wrap cream cheese in meat before it always seems to leave a bit of a pocket as it looses mass with the heat and it doesn't look as good. You don't seem to have that same problem, do you think it was the additional peppers and onions mixed in?
Thank you for sharing!
I think it leaks out, I really tried to seal it in with the ham over the cream cheese and over the Swiss, bacon helps too. I am sure bulking it up with onions and peppers helped as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: bauchjw
Man oh man that looks good Cliff!! Simply beautiful. I can only guess that all the flavors came together to create one outstanding meal. Kudos for the excellent work and the creativity of combining a couple different techniques.

Robert

Reactions: clifish
Thanks Robert for the kind comments, it was tasty.

Thanks to everyone else for the comments and likes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky