Smoked Bone-In Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
We had some company over Saturday evening and had a busy day planned so I decided the meat had to be something simple and easy, so I popped a ham into the smoker (MES40). I used my AMNPS/apple for smoke. This was the first time I had used apple for smoke with ham and it was quite good.

When thinking of difficulty when smoking meats, I don't think there is anything much easier than smoking a ham. Depending on the ham it is usually about 35 minutes per pound (+/-) when smoking at 225F. I pulled it at 140F (38 minutes per pound).

IMG_5713 (2).jpg

I do trim off the skin and thick fat and just put it in the smoker as is.
IMG_5715 (1).jpg

IMG_5716 (1).jpg

I do trim off about 1/8 to 1/4-inch of the "face" of the ham to remove the dry meat...but just under this is moist, juicy, delicious smoked ham.
IMG_5717.jpg

IMG_5718.jpg

Looks Great, Eddie!!!
Like.
Check below on how to use that Fat in an MES 40, and let it baste itself while you're smoking it:

Double Smoked Ham

Bear

Thanks Bear.

I remember that post from way back when I was searching this forum about smoking a ham for the first time! I usually do it that way but due to my afternoon schedule...no joy.

Ham turned out great! Hard to beat a good smoked ham

Ryan

Looks great Eddie! I love it the next day as well. Seems like a stronger flavor after sitting overnight.

Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky