Smoked 'Beer Can' Whole Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

couger78

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Northern California
Here's something relatively quick-n-easy for a Saturday night dinner. Thawed a whole frozen chicken, placed it in simple brine in the morning. Later that day, drained and dried the bird, gave it a good herbal rub-down and placed it upon the Weber Poultry Roaster (aka 'Beer Can Roaster without the Beer Can')
Heated the Masterbuilt to about 210°F before placing the bird within. Brought the temp up to 250°F and let the bird roast for about an hour.
I then began applying applewood smoke (A-Maze-N tube) for the next 2-2.5 hours of the cook time.
I moved the temp probes around near the end of the cook to ensure proper doneness (185°F)—particularly in the denser areas (thigh). Last hour I dialed up the heat to 325°F to crisp up the skin.

Overall, I was very pleased with this simple cook.
The chicken came out very moist and flavorful, with just the right amount of smokiness. Clean-up was a snap as well.
Thanks for looking.

Kevin

?hash=9d09039c846376f6abcc79b414150df2.jpg

Attachments

• chicken_smoke.jpg
    chicken_smoke.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: kruizer and gmc2003
Nice.

Real simple.I do whole chickens like that all the time.

This thread put a bug in my ear.I have a whole thawed bird ready to go too!

Reactions: couger78
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky