Slaw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

culpepersmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 16, 2010
Split between Michigan and Texas
Last night we had pulled pork Sammie’s. Normally we make a standard Coleslaw either as a side or to put on the sammy. Looking for something different I made up this slaw and it was great as a topper on the pulled pork.

1/2 head cabbage, shredded (3 to 4 cups)
2 apples, cut into julienne
Salt
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped
Ground black pepper
Sugar, as needed
Mix together the cabbage and apples in a large bowl and season with salt.
Combine the lemon juice, olive oil and thyme in a small bowl. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Mix the slaw with the dressing.
We really enjoyed it. Next time I’ll try to make it the day before as I think it was better today. 😁

Enjoy

Got a slaw recipe the first day I joined the forum from (I can’t remember who), and still use it to this day! It fit our flavor profile perfectly & it is always gone when we have friends over.
Al

Last night we had pulled pork Sammie’s. Normally we make a standard Coleslaw either as a side or to put on the sammy. Looking for something different I made up this slaw and it was great as a topper on the pulled pork.

Salt
1/2 cup lemon juice
Ground black pepper
Sugar, as needed
Combine the lemon juice, olive oil and thyme in a small bowl. Season with salt, pepper and sugar. Mix the slaw with the dressing.
We really enjoyed it. Next time I’ll try to make it the day before as I think it was better today. 😁

Enjoy
Sounds really good. A local place used to serve a similar apple slaw ok the pulled pork with white sharp cheddar. Was delicious.

Mmmm, your slaw recipe sounds good.
Will have to try it.

I do an Apple/Cranberry Slaw that is a sweet change from the usual slaws.

Reactions: Redicans

Salt
1/2 cup lemon juice
Ground black pepper
Sugar, as needed

Enjoy
That's a great sounding Slaw! Sounds tasty and light. Love different slaw recipes!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky