Site issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My screen reloads twice, but it happens so fast that it is not an issue.
I can certainly live with that!!
Thanks to all of you for fixing this, Steph, Brian & the whole crew!!
Al

Reactions: hellasteph
Somebody please clue me in:
What does it do & where do you notice it, when it reloads twice??
Maybe mine does it, but I don't notice it happening.
What would I see if mine was doing this?

Thanks,

Bear

My screen jumps all over, I go to hit something and screen moves and I end up hitting something I wasn't trying to.

OK---Mine has done things like that too, but I never realized it was only here. I'll have to watch closer where it's happening, when it happens.
Mine also gets into moods where it will screw up the same words for awhile, like when I type "for", it comes up "ofr". Sometimes even when I delete it & type it again---it types "ofr" again!!! Freaking Weird !!!

Bear

Hi everyone! I'm trying to nail down what's causing this issue, since I'm not getting it myself. If you're seeing this problem, please reply with the following information:

1. What platform/operating system you're on (Android phone/iPhone, Windows or Mac computer, etc). Please include the version of the operating system and what browser you're using, as well. This information is required for me to try and reproduce the problem.
  2. What exactly happens. Be specific as you can! I can't get much info from "I hit something and it reloads". What are you clicking on? What are you trying to do when this triggers?
  3. Does it happen at random, or are there specific actions that cause it to occur reliably? Does it only happen on certain pages?
Also please make sure you're not using any ad blocking software or other browser plugins that might affect cookies or scripts (you'd know if you had one installed). They can make sites function unreliably at times. Also make sure to clear your cache and cookies and see if that helps.

If anyone can get a screenshot that shows me what's happening, that would be helpful as well!

Windows 10.

Screen jump and reloads 2 to 7 times.

When typing periodically it will lock, freeze or kick you off the site or back to the home page.

When typing it will make a "blip" noise skip, freeze then lock up for a period of time. Sometime it kick you off other times it will start working again.

When typing a response the cursor will freeze then about 3 to 5 seconds later the text will start auto typing.

No other forum I am on performs or acts like this.

Hope this helps you find the smoking gun as it has been extremely frustrating for the last couple of months.

I get that issue..I think it is due to " AUTO SAVE" I will be typing and then nothing..I notice the AUTO SAVE is lit up in lower corner(Right). problem is you have to re-click on mouse at last word to begin typing again..a big pain..

I use a MacBook Pro mostly, with Safari.

The only thing I notice is the whole page jumps up & down for awhile when you first open a page, so you have to either be good at clicking on moving targets, or wait awhile for the page to settle down & stop flipping.

I get that thing where my cursor disappears, and the type stops, and then it will finish typing on it's own, but I figured it was a problem with my Server.

I also occasionally get period where it likes to type words differently than I typed, like "ofr" instead of "for", and "thiss" instead of "this", and "downn" instead of "down", and about 5 or 6 others. However again I figured this was a problem on my end some how.
LOL----That "ofr" thing---I can even delete "ofr", and type "for" again, and it still types "ofr". Go Figure!!!

Bear

The site is almost unusable this afternoon/evening. I have been kicked off probably 15 times trying to respond to threads. Locked up countless times and text trails my 2 fingered 8 words a minute typing style by 5 to 8 seconds if it doesn't lock up and freeze then jump then kick me back to a totally different site.

I hope this can get figured out as it terribly frustrating

I thought a lot of that was my server having problems.

Bear

Same issues here. Site can't be reached, page jump, etc. It seems this site is real good for putting in words not even close to what is typed. I also thought it was something on my end.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky