New Member, Old Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HushyQ

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2023
Cleveland, Ohio
Sorry all, I posted my intro in the wrong thread. Lets try again.
Hey all and thanks for an awesome resource. I stumbled upon the site while researching sausage making. Getting back into it after many years away as my first visit to central texas has really ignited a post oak fire to try my hand at Jalapeño/Chedder Hot Links. Longtime Lil and Big Chief user for smoked salmon mostly and have had various inexpensive offsets and Webers for 35 years. Recently added a Treager for convenience but it lacks the smoke flavor for me. Drying my sausage now and smoking in Treager on New Year's day. I was thinking of just packing 4 tubes with post oak pellets and wood chips for 2 hours before starting the grill. Yes, No? Anyone try this?

Welcome. I use a tube for extra smoke. Not sure if 4 tubes is better than 1 in this example.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky