Simon and Garfunkel yard bird

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philpom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Texas
It had been awhile since I busted out with the chicken roaster and our daughter picked out a nice large roaster while at the store so....

Sliced a lemon up and put it in the cavity, stepped out to the garden and gathered some parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Chopped and blended with soft butter and worked it up under the skin all over the chicken. I also hit the top of the skin with popcorn butter flavored salt. May sound odd but the flavor is spot on and the very fine salt helps crisp the skin. I'm a fan, works great on veggies too.

Roasted on the Primo at 375°f for nearly 90 minutes using fogo lump, no wood. Setup indirect. Pulled when the thigh had an IT of ~165.

20230729_200414.jpg

20230729_203452.jpg

20230729_211245.jpg

we served it for the kids with fettuccine in a cream and butter cheese sauce, we had ours with cauliflower mac & cheese.

Looks good and wish you had posted earlier. I'm doing a beer can chicken now and wife left the bottle of popcorn salt out from last night 😆and almost used it was unsure. Oh but next time !!

And that's a great looking bird!!

Keith

Reactions: philpom
Looks great! When I first saw your title, my mind went in a totally different direction from the Parsley, Sage... tune.

I flashed back to the "Mother and Child Reunion" tune. It's my recollection that this tune was inspired by a chicken and egg dish from a Chinese restaurant. Regardless, your creation looks really good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky