Shopping on Christmas Eve Eve

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr mac

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 19, 2009
Doniphan MO
There should be a trophy, medal, banner, something for the men who are roped into going to any store today or tomorrow!

God be with you, fellas or ladies!

Reactions: jcam222 and 02ebz06
Yesterday I had to cut through our local walmart parking lot to get to a thrift store to pick up cheap blankets for our doggo and that was enough for me!

Reactions: mr mac
Yesterday I had to cut through our local walmart parking lot to get to a thrift store to pick up cheap blankets for our doggo and that was enough for me!
She wanted me to go to Wally-World, but there was a six car line in the road to get into the parking lot. I opted to go to the Kroger across the road. It wasn't much better.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
I just replied to some woman on another sight who was stressed and confused as to which direction to drive in parking lots. She couldn't figure out that if cars are parked on an angle then the direction of travel is in that same direction OR if cars are parked perpendicular then it is a two way isle. BUT rules of travel do not apply in Walmart lots. . .LOL!

Merry Christmas,

John

Last edited:
I went jewelry shopping last night.

Jared Jewelers had signs on the glass next to the doors prohibiting all weapons of any sort, both in the store and parking lot.
Criminals will ignore their stupid ineffective signs.
However legal concealed or open carry firearms, knife and chemical carriers should respect their right to make rules on their private property as they see fit.
So my feet and my wallet went to a local Mom-n-Pop Jewelry store, no signs about weapons, and I spent my money there.
Wife is getting a nice pair of solitaire diamond earrings for our combo Christmas / Wedding Anniversary.

And today I went on a grocery run to Publix and the local Asian market for tomorrow's big Family Christmas Dinner.
Roads were actually pretty calm, normal traffic.
Publix was a relaxed atmosphere, heck there were even two cashiers standing there waving people to their' lanes.

Merry Christmas to Everyone Here at SMF!

Got our shopping wrapped up yesterday. Publix was busy but very relaxed.
Today, Wife decided the recycle was pilling too high. If we don't drive to the transfer station, it requires a stop at Publix and Walmart.
Publix was a breeze. Walmart was a zoo in the parking lot and roads in and out. I could not imagine the lines inside.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky