Orzotto alla Carbonara

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OldSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 5, 2020
Oregon
We are finally back home! We left at the end of August for a month of sailing, went to the Nederlands for October to visit the most beautiful granddaughter in the world, then San Francisco for Thanksgiving. We returned last week. We had a few days in between trips and I smoked up a killer batch of jerky and some ribs for Mrs Smoke. I’m going to make trail mix and give the jerky and mix away for Christmas. For Christmas, we have people arriving at all times. So, I’m going to start with smoked brisket chili and cast iron frying pan cornbread, followed by the pasta pictured below, then pulled pork. I’ll also be smoking a spiral cut ham. Christmas Eve dinner will be prime rib! We are having friends over Christmas evening for games and mini sandwiches from the leftover prime rib and ham. The little smoker will be busy! I start shopping tomorrow.

IMG_2418.jpeg

The pasta was great! A nice, light dinner before the frenzy. My HexClad pan worked a treat!

I love this time of year, friends, family, great food, ball games, and waterfowl season all at the same time.
Life is good!!!

Reactions: JLeonard
Having friends really helps with being so far away from our beautiful granddaughter!

We are finally back home! We left at the end of August for a month of sailing, went to the Nederlands for October to visit the most beautiful granddaughter in the world, then San Francisco for Thanksgiving. We returned last week. We had a few days in between trips and I smoked up a killer batch of jerky and some ribs for Mrs Smoke. I’m going to make trail mix and give the jerky and mix away for Christmas. For Christmas, we have people arriving at all times. So, I’m going to start with smoked brisket chili and cast iron frying pan cornbread, followed by the pasta pictured below, then pulled pork. I’ll also be smoking a spiral cut ham. Christmas Eve dinner will be prime rib! We are having friends over Christmas evening for games and mini sandwiches from the leftover prime rib and ham. The little smoker will be busy! I start shopping tomorrow.

View attachment 682570

The pasta was great! A nice, light dinner before the frenzy. My HexClad pan worked a treat!
Sounds fantastic - nothing better than family time and good food!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky