September Throwdown............................................

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
failed runs taste so good though.

FATTIE, FATTIE, 2X4, COULDN'T FIT THROUGH THE BATHROOM DOOR.
th_INGardenbbq7.gif

be making mine this weekend. since its predicted that isaac will dump up to 6" of rain on us there will be nothing else to do for a weekend. friday sometime supposed to be here and dump rain till sun. hope we get 25". lake heres bad low. 2 boat ramps are closed from low water.

Last edited:
This will be a contest where Legends are made.  Thank you Sausage Maker for your generous prize.  I haven't seen this many Fatties in one place since Sweatin' to the Oldies!

Will the entries be judged but both pic's or one like usual?
very nice prize, thanks The Sausage Maker

Will the entries be judged but both pic's or one like usual?
very nice prize, thanks The Sausage Maker

Dan we are going to be judging on both pictures. It will help judge the creativity portion on the judging. If that doesn't clear it up let me know or if you have a suggestion for the judging please PM it to me.

Thanks

sausage maker real nows how to get a guy all fired up. im throwing my hat in the ring.  a good time to try my fist smoked fattie.  good luck to all. 

Last weekend I ate my tasty failed attempt. Tonight I ate my successful tasty creation. Happy how the pics turned out also. Can't wait to see what everyone has come up with. Good luck to all who enter.

I made this for a catered Birthday Party. The Birthday Boy likes Venison. The rest of the family doesn't, so they let him have it for his B'day Dinner. I saw no reason to make 2 different entrees, so I decided on a Fatty because who doen't like meat covered with sausage and rolled in Bacon!

I took a venison shoulder and boned it. I ground the meat and mixed it with ground pork shoulder. I browned the venison bones and made a stock. I reduced some of the stock and added my wife's Cherry and Port Wine Jelly to make a sauce. I painted the bacon weave with the sauce; patted out the pork/venison sausage and painted it with the sauce. I added the Venison Tenderloins and rolled it up. I wanted to keep it tight, so I left it in the foil and dropped it on the grill. Since I am a scaredy cat, I finished it in the oven.

I used the stock without the jelly to start a pot of grits, which I finished with heavy cream. I used them as the base. I sliced the fatty and placed it on the grits. I wilted some Kale in bacon fat and garlic, and put that on the side. I thinned the Port and Cherry reduction for the sauce. Even the Venison "Haters" loved it!

This is a labor day fatty I did ,I always assemble mine the night before and wrap it in plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge it was cooked on a very old charbroil side box smoker using lump coals at 225 and at the end i kissed it with some hickory smoke ,the ingredients,are one pound 80/20-one pond jimmy dean sage sausage,one pkg thick hickory smoked bacon ,cheddar and mozzerela cheese,garlic,homemade pizza sauce,and other dry seasonings,and stuff.Thanks for looking Im not a pro but could cook like one with that grand prize : 
usa.gif
bluesbros.gif

Who failed at the fattie attempt today?

Yea this guy did....

Sooo many things to fix and so little time......

Not sure if it is even edible........

But got to spend time with my daughter and she had fun. So I won already!!!!!!! :sausage:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky