September Throwdown............................................

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Game on!...wait, what's a fatty?  I get the concept (bacon weave, ground meat/sausage, and "stuff" inside), but are there any "rules" to what a fatty is or isn't? I've never made one, but I see several of them being made in my very near future...

Thats a great effort by the sponsor ,looks a great prize .Not available way down here far as I know. Never made a fatty unless you count my chinese pigs maw fatty that I made & posted out of curiosity . There are some truly wild creations already in the fatty section so this is going to be a really big deal to win or place.

Now Sausage Maker has won my Respect! And Todd gets a Break...JJ

Thats a great effort by the sponsor ,looks a great prize .Not available way down here far as I know. Never made a fatty unless you count my chinese pigs maw fatty that I made & posted out of curiosity . There are some truly wild creations already in the fatty section so this is going to be a really big deal to win or place.

A fatty is any ground meat that is smoked in the shape of a log. It can be solid meat or stuffed with something. It can have wrapping(dough, bacon, etc) if wanted. It also has to be smoked but I assumed that people would guess that one.

If you wrap in dough you will prob smoke the fatty then wrap in dough and bake in the oven to finish.

I had someone ask does the plate size matter? No it doesn't. As long as its 1 plate per picture then you are ok.

I hope this answers all questions you have. If you have other PM me or ask in the thread.

A fatty is any ground meat that is smoked in the shape of a log. It can be solid meat or stuffed with something. It can have wrapping(dough, bacon, etc) if wanted. It also has to be smoked but I assumed that people would guess that one.
If you wrap in dough you will prob smoke the fatty then wrap in dough and bake in the oven to finish.
I had someone ask does the plate size matter? No it doesn't. As long as its 1 plate per picture then you are ok.
I hope this answers all questions you have. If you have other PM me or ask in the thread.
That does answer my questions. Thanks! I could really use that smoker, so the gloves are coming off for this one!! 
hockeyeurbaston.gif

Thank you Sausage Maker for stepping up with a great grand prize. I foresee a lot of fatty testing and eating in my future. This should really step everyones game up a little.

Outstanding prizes! The sponsors really stepped up their game on this one and my hat is off to them. Thank you for the great prizes. I could use that smoker, especially now that mine is dead. 

Of course I'll be right in the middle of archery elk season and fall turkey 
th_crybaby2.gif
. Should be interesting! Good luck everyone!

Many thanks to The Sausage Maker for this great prize. Looking forward to seeing this unfold 

What an amazing prize being offered! many thanks to Sausage Maker for being so generous!

I am certainly going to have to toss in an entry, but good luck to all!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky