Saturday morning pork butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tassmoker

Original poster
Apr 12, 2017
Good morning all, well this morning I found my self out of bed around 4am to get a little butt on the smoker it was coated with mustard and rubbed last night then left in the fridge. It's only small around 4lbs so at a guess I would say it should be done by 1ish but I'm in no rush and will wait for that magic 205 degrees haha it's being smoked over Hickey at around 235-245. I have a venison backstrap to go on a little later in the day also as they only need about an hour or so. I will keep you all upto date as the day goes on.

Last edited:
Finally got to 205 after nine hours it has now been resting for around an hour and will be pulled in another hour stay turned!

Thanks Al they were so good and still enough for sandwiches tomorrow

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky