Salami Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Small batch 2.5 lbs
fsali.JPG

The pork is only 300g so I'm going to use my hand crank grinder.
Great for small batch grinds, no need to pull out the huge LEM.
fsali1.JPG

fsali3.jpg

fsali2.JPG

Good protein extraction
fsali4.JPG

Sheep casings.
fsali5.jpg

Spray with distilled water and put in zip bag to ferment.
pH check tomorrow.
fsali6.jpg

I better get my humidifier and my humidity control put in today.
IMG_5472.JPG

IMG_5473.jpg

Reactions: indaswamp
My humidifier is similar to yours. Uses a 16 oz. soda bottle, screw the valve on, invert, and put in the the unit.

pH reached of 5.0

Hanging for couple hours to dry the casings then spray some 600 on them.
IMG_5489.JPG

inda

Where do you get those agents. mine are good but older kinds. only new on I have gotten was 007. TSM, Waltons, craft butcher, allied carry all the older ones.

Reactions: 02ebz06
bacons?? Do you mean bactoferm cultures? Pretty sure I ordered from either the sausage maker or Craft butchers pantry. And after watching cajuneric's youtube on the viability of old cultures, I am well stocked for the next 3-4 years. As long as the culture is loose in the original package, it should be good.

As a side note- there have been 100,000 year old bacteria revived from arctic ice cores so most bacteria in general are very resilient and hearty.

bacons?? Do you mean bactoferm cultures? Pretty sure I ordered from either the sausage maker or Craft butchers pantry. And after watching cajuneric's youtube on the viability of old cultures, I am well stocked for the next 3-4 years. As long as the culture is loose in the original package, it should be good.

As a side note- there have been 100,000 year old bacteria revived from arctic ice cores so most bacteria in general are very resilient and hearty.
I made an edit....damn spell checker crap.

Yeah I have like double of all the regular ones that still work great

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky