Salami WHAT?...Anchovy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Stay tuned.
1.58Kg pork and chuck ready for the grinder with a fine plate.
IMG_7506.JPG

Getting all my players in the same bowl.
Here they are.

anchsal.JPG

Once they were all weighed out I ground them up some.
anchsal5.JPG

Here is 2T distilled water with .4g FRM-52.
anchsal6.JPG

Had the meats in the freezer just about half frozen.
Now grind thru the fine plate. This should give good fat distribution.
anchsal7.JPG

Put in a larger bowl as I will be hand mixing.
anchsal8.JPG

Added the bacoferm in and the dry.
anchsal9.JPG

Sorry had meat on my gloved hands and didnt get a pic of the protein bind.

This small one will be my pH read. I'm needing a 5.3 or lower on these.
anchsal10.JPG

I had to use some larger hog casings for these, I'm sure they will shrink up some.
anchsal11.JPG

Cover with a large clean bread bag and tied shut.
anchsal12.JPG

Putting in my proofer at 80* for 12 hours, check pH at this time, I may need more time to get to the target pH.
anchsal13.JPG

Be back later.
anchsal14.jpg

Rick, Looking good, I hope you have a big wagon/strong horses because we are all on for the ride.

The red boat salt is infused with anchovy sauce or oil something like that.
Interesting. Ifd always got some Red Boat sauce in the frig. Will have to check out this salt. I love anchovies. Have been eating a couple cans a week between salads and mini low carb tortillas pizzas.

Interesting. Ifd always got some Red Boat sauce in the frig. Will have to check out this salt. I love anchovies. Have been eating a couple cans a week between salads and mini low carb tortillas pizzas.
Buddy of mine bought me some for Christmas. It's amazing. I started putting it on my home-made Chex mix.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky