Sad Day at HalfSmokes House

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A friend put down his son's 15 yo German short hair last week.
Luckily, the vet allowed his son to be with her.

Most vets will allow it if it isn't too traumatizing for the kids.
I know everyone is different about their feelings on this subject.
When we had to put down our 17 yo Bengal cat four years ago, my wife and I were there with him. I just felt that he was there for us during some really difficult times so we needed to be with him when it was his time.
It was one of the saddest days of my life because he really was my buddy no matter what.

My wife and I are now going through the same thing with our 13y/o "pup".
She has heart failure and pulmonary edema.
Even though she takes five meds 4 times a day, we know that each day is a gift and the inevitable is around the corner.
Crap, I am tearing up as write this.

Seeing your pet off is one of life's hardest things to do. We have had our share. I'm sorry for your loss.Our dog Max. A basset pointer mix. Is 16 years old. A darn healthy age for his breed and size. He still gets the rips and goes tear assing around the house for a minute or two. Then needs a hour to recover. Food is being a less of a interest to him now and then. And his joints are paining him in the morning. I know his time is drawing to a end. So, we just deal with the accidents he has once in awhile. And keep him comfy and happy until the day comes. This will be our last pet.

Like does have its sad times and as many friends on this forum have stated it is not easy never will be and not anything we look forward too. But we that treat them as family will continue to do it time and time again because of the companion ship and love of a wonder pet.

Warren

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Most vets will allow it if it isn't too traumatizing for the kids.
His son is 30 something. Due to circumstances, the dog ended up with my buddy and his wife for the past many years.
We're under Martial (Governor's executive orders) Law in Minnesota and veterinary care is a limited contact curbside service.

His son is 30 something. Due to circumstances, the dog ended up with my buddy and his wife for the past many years.
We're under Martial (Governor's executive orders) Law in Minnesota and veterinary care is a limited contact curbside service.

WOW!
I had not considerd that aspect at all.
I guess we're lucky down here in my part of Arizona since vets are considered essential.
We can stay outside waiting in the vehicle or wait in the office as long as we are wearing masks and pratice social distancing.

So sorry for your loss. I’m dreading the day this comes for me. Dogs are the best. Truly mans best friend.

Its always a sad day when you have to say goodbye to a loyal friend. All they ever want is for you to be there and give the simplest of things. A pat on the head. A belly rub. My heart goes out to you and your family.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky