S2K9K' smoked buffalo wings and chicken quarter with q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schaydu

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
We had a little get to together yesterday and served smoked buffalo wings and smoked chicken quarters. First let me thank S2K9K for the help with the wings. They were definitely a hit, i just wished I had more! If you dont know exactly what smoked wings are ill give you the run down; creole butter mixed with franks wing sauce injected into the wings. I did 1:1 proportions. Then i rubbed the sauce on the wings and let them rest for several hours. As far as the chicken quarters, i followed the slaughter house recipe for the brine, injection, and spritz. I got the smoker going to 350 + and then put the quarters on. Temps recovered qucikly after putting them on and held pretty steady. When i put the wings on 45 minutes later, the smoker dropped to about 270 and it took a while to get the temps back up. I was using kingsford briquettes and pecan.  Oh, i learned that plastic ice buckets are perfect for brining chicken. I filled up my cooler with ice and put the bucket and chicken in it over night. My chicken was full so.....

Anyhow here are the pics

View media item 164003
View media item 164004
View media item 164006
View media item 164007
View media item 164008
View media item 164009
View media item 164010
View media item 164011

Last edited:
Reactions: woodcutter
Looks great........................
icon14.gif

Joe

Looks Great!....JJ

Everything looks great - next time, inject the wings with the sauce and you will find that the flavor really gets into the wing better 

That all looks great. I have yet to try injecting wings but I tried a variation on Daves theme with Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast before they saw 6 minutes in the Death Grip of my Foreman Grill and had great, juicy and spicy Chicken Boobs...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky