Rookie from MI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sweatyspartan

Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Hi everyone!

I'm a relatively new to all of this. I've made smoked kielbasa every year I can remember (family tradition) in a upright barrel attached to a 3' flue where it is heated and smoked with a small fire. Very tedious, but very rewarding!

Other than that I've done some fish, turkey and ribs but never mastered anything.

I'm going to be building a new smoker and grill so I'm sure I'll find that info here!

Thanks

welcome to SMF there is a ton of info and vets on here. Probably the best online community I have ever come across.

Welcome from Kazoo!
biggrin.gif

Welcome from here in the thumb. Another good week and we can over take the SMF. lol This will be one of the best sites you will find. It seems I have not been to the others forums I used to hang out. Lots of great info and different ideas. They have 5 day ecourse on here on smokeing its highly recommended.

Hi and welcome to the forum. By now you must know this is the best forum on the planet. Welcome again from just south of the border and a michigan want-a- be. lol

Welcome to the world of smoke...You'll find anything you want here...and maybe some things you don't want..LOL...Man I feel like an outsider with all you Michigan boys here. lol

Welcome,
Soon we are gonna have to limit you MI peeps!! I think we have reached our quota no?? Ya get the cup and become social?? Of course Im kidding!!
I am actually jealous cuz we do not have any where close to that contingency in So Cal!! Not to many peeps to play with!!
Happy Smokes!!
BBQG

BBQG (k) -- I am recruiting for you all. My uncle in Pomona liked my Que over the 4th weekend so I told him to get on here and get going with a pork butt. (He has a BGE, too.)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky