Rolled and Smoke Two Fatties Yesterday

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fat gary

Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
DFW
Fatty 1 - Italian (stuffed with provlone, salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, mozerella and pesto)

Fatty 2 - German (stuffed with Swiss, Gruyere, Sauerkraut and Spicy Mustard)

8853fa00_IMG_1094.jpg

6cfea44a_IMG_1095.jpg

First layer on the Italian - ground beef (.5LB), Italian sausage (1LB), ground pork (.5LB)

42aa4217_IMG_1101.jpg

Italian Fatty stuffed with provlone, salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, mozerella, parmgianno, pesto

138bae78_IMG_1102.jpg

1st layer on the German fatty - ground beef (.5LB), Brat(1lb), ground pork (.5LB)

37fc1b90_IMG_1106.jpg

German Fatty stuffed with swiss, gruyerem sauerkraut, spicy mustard

562fb62e_IMG_1107.jpg

Ready for smoking - started at 300 for 30 minutes, dropped to 225 for 2 more hours using a mix of Hickory and Apple

fdd0c22f_IMG_1110.jpg

Before slicing

2ce095d7_IMG_1112.jpg

About to be gone...you can see the Italian well but the German I forgot to get a better pic (too much liquor as I was cooking).

Not hard at all...I use regular ol bacon...not the expensive stuff (I fell like the money is wasted) and not the cheap stuff (stretches too easily).  The biggest thing is make sure the bacon is cold when weaving it seems to handle easier.

Don't mean to hijack but the thick bacon sold at Costco worked well for me.  Over the weekend I smoked my first fatty. I bought a cheap think bacon from Walmart. It was difficult to roll.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky