Roll call checkin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wade weiland

Original poster
Mar 29, 2017
Hello to everyone. This is [email protected] from west central Minnesota.

I am new to smoking meats and making sausages. I became interested in making my own sausages when I noticed a significant increase in the amount of cartilage and unpleasant chunks in the "famous brand" brats that I usually bought. I'm still searching for the recipe clone of for this brat but have come close with some of the recipes posted here and on other sites. 

Many recipes I want to try are smoked so I got out the decade old Brinkman charcoal smoker and researched how to convert it into something easier to use and control. I added a venturi style smoke generator based on what I thought were the best of many designs. Also I have an industrial electronics background and I have begun putting some electronic controls and heating elements on the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky