Ribs from a well known place....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sweet chops bbq

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Southern Californ i a
So recently I had some spare ribs from a Famous place that rhymes with Caves. I have eaten there many times before but unbelievablly had never tried the spares. Well when I did I was super surprised to see that the membrane had not been removed from them and I was wondering why? Has anybody else noticed this before? I always remove it on mine, if not for the smoke penetration then at least because it is kinda nasty to leave it on.
icon_frown.gif
I will stick to my own BB Ribs for the time being. No sauce on mine please!!

I have noticed that too with our friend D. Likely the bulk of racks they do may take too long to treat them with the respect we do. Remember, we're doing it for love, they would do it for $8.50 an hour!

With ribs looking like that ... you'll be famous soon! (Just how I like em)
Its hard for me to be happy when ordering ribs any more, but I still do it.

We have a D_ve's in Tacoma WA. I have had there ribs many times. I have not had any with the membrane still on. That said... I would rate them decent but I can easily do better. I bet most in this forum can as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky