Reverse sear filets with garlic and herb butter bath

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TripleLindy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 1, 2022
DFW area
Had some friends over last night and cooked up some prime filets. I dry brined them for about 5 hours, used different seasonings for each steak based on preferences, and slow cooked at 250° until they hit 125° internal. Used a nice chunk of pecan for the smoke. While cooking the steaks, I placed a stick of butter, rosemary, thyme and garlic in a pan and put the pan in the smoker to blend everything together and get some smoke on the butter. Let the steaks rest in the butter bath for about 10 minutes and then seared them at 800° on the gasser’s sear burner. Enjoyed a nice bourbon while cooking and a delicious red during dinner. Steaks were served with the butter still sizzling, along with baked potatoes, spinach and strawberry salad, and homemade horse radish sauce. Only a couple of pics and no money shot, but the steaks were spot on perfect!

1680703446034.jpeg

1680703470339.jpeg

Your steaks look great. I have never heard of Penelope bourbon. How would you describe its taste?

Rob
I had never heard of it either. My BIL brought it over. We started with a Makers wood finishing series and the Penelope was much smoother and slightly sweet, at least compared to the Makers. I really enjoyed it.

Those look great! I'll bet the butter bath was a difference maker. Also nice that you tailored the seasonings to individual tastes. A truly thoughtful meal. Kudos!
Thank you! Yes, the butter bath was definitely a difference maker. I made sure each steak got a healthy dose and putting some smoke on the butter was also big. We also used it on the potatoes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky