• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Results from my first cheese smoke

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

delaware smoker

Fire Starter
Feb 2, 2006
Christmas Eve I cut up some cheese that I smoked two weeks ago.Both my son & grandson,said it was nasty.I thought it was great.My son said that it was too smokey.I tasted a hint of smoke,nothing over powering.So i'll let the rest stay in the fridge a little longer.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Longer is better..... What smoking wood did you use? That has a big effect on taste.... Dave

delaware smoker

Fire Starter
Feb 2, 2006
Dave,all I had was hickory pellets from Todd,I sinced orderd apple & peach.I' smoked some cheese with them,but they aren't ready yet.

Bill

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 3, 2011
IMHO Hickory is too strong, I do most in Apple, im going to try cherry and peach soon.

roadkill cafe

Smoking Fanatic
Jan 28, 2012
I'm not too hot on straight hickory for cheese either. When I use the Pitmaster's Choice (hickory, maple, cherry) I found 1 month resting more to my liking. Just did a batch with Peach and one with Apple about a week ago. They're chillin' for another 3 weeks or so. With the PC I go 2 hrs. 15 min. Went almost 3.5 hrs. with the Peach & Apple because they're so much lighter of a smoke.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Bill, morning.....  Some woods, I use for smoking anything, I smoke a shorter time.... Mesquite, for instance, I smoke a very short time... I like the flavor but it can be overpowering to my liking.....  Others like the strong flavor, personal preference I s'pose...  Smoking stuff takes time to find your liking... Be patient and enjoy the learning curve.....  

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Same thing happens to me alot with the wife. Seems the more I make the less she likes things. One complaint turns into multiple. Next thing you know everything is too smokey. I just got to the point where I smoke for me alone & what I may give to friends. Just more for us!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky