Refurbishing Eva-Dry 1100 Dehumidifier

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
My original Eva-Dry 1100 bit the dust last year so I got a replacement, put the old one back in the box and put it away to look at later. Well now is later...

After inspection, the two small LED lights had corroded. Likely from fresh wet salami dripping salt water on the dehumidifier in the chamber. The green was for power on, and the yellow was for the water tank fill shutoff switch. Well, the yellow one is the one that was bad and without it, the unit will not work. I checked the fan-yep it works. Checked the 21W Peltier chip, yep it works too. So I ordered a pack of 5mm micro LED diode lights for $4 bucks.
IMG_20230826_150133.jpg

Here are the corroded lights...
IMG_20230826_135539.jpg

Replaced...
IMG_20230826_140517.jpg

Also put some liquid electrical tape on the heat sink screws. I did not have any green like the original so used black.
IMG_20230826_142516.jpg

And now I have a working spare. Took me 15 minutes to make the repair. Saved about $40 bucks....
IMG_20230826_145736.jpg

Last edited:
You will also need some thermal paste for reassembly to mate the peltier chip to the aluminum heat sinks, but I already had some on hand from building my big drying chamber.

Nice rebuild.
I haven't seen LED's like those in many decades.
Used to build projects using them back when I was in Aerospace.

Sweet! Not sure how I missed this thread, but if one of mine ever croak it looks to be an easy fix.

Nice rebuild.
I haven't seen LED's like those in many decades.
Used to build projects using them back when I was in Aerospace.
Thanks ebz! I enjoy bench top electronics as a hobby.
Sweet! Not sure how I missed this thread, but if one of mine ever croak it looks to be an easy fix.
Thanks mr. whipple! super easy fix! cheap too!

Reactions: mr_whipple
Thanks ebz! I enjoy bench top electronics as a hobby.
I used to do a lot of that too. Designed and build my own computers and other stuff.
That was back in the day of the dawn of the microprocessor.
Now, a soldering iron is all I have left of tools and parts for doing that. Haha

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky