San Juan River Jambalaya

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
Long time no talk peeps.

Labor Day weekend of 2022, I was in Paige, AZ and ate at the Dam Grill and Bar. While looking at the menu I wanted something different. I spied something called San Juan River Jambalaya. I inquired with the waitress if I could sample a soup cup to see if I like it. She brought it out and it was AMAZING, so of course I ordered it. Tastebud HEAVEN!!!

IMG_4094.jpeg

So last week I got a hankering for this. I went to their website and they had the main ingredients listed on the menu. So I bought everything and made it. It was great but it needs some fine tuning since I didn't have any recipe to work off aside from the sauce recipe I found online.
IMG_3870.jpeg

IMG_3874.jpeg

IMG_3876.jpeg
IMG_3872.jpeg

IMG_3877.jpeg

IMG_3878.jpeg

San Juan River Jambalaya

1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Onion
1 Pkg Andouille Sausage
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Pkg small/medium shrimp w/out tails
1 Box Farfalle Pasta
3 Tbsp cajun seasoning
2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 cup grated parmesan
Shredded Cheese (Mozzarella)?

Meat
- Sautée andouille sausage in a pan w/ 1-2 cups of water for 8-10 mins. Drain, then brown for 2 mins. Cut into thin slices.
- Boil two chicken breasts until IT is 165°. Cut into cubes.
- Boil one pkg small/medium shrimp for 8-10 mins.

Pasta
- Boil pasta till soft. Drain. Set to the side.

New Orleans Cajun Style Sauce
- 1 lg bottle of heavy whipping cream in a skillet
- 3 tbsp of cajun seasoning (add more if you want more kick).
- chop up both bell peppers and onion and put them in sauce.
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan
- add in shrimp, sausage and chicken
- Cook on level 4-6 heat until it comes to a slight boil, then reduce heat to level 2 and cover until it thickens. Don't let it thicken too much. You want it slightly runny so it will coat all the pasta. (Slightly thicker than soup).

If you need more sauce either add a smaller bottle of heavy whipping cream or get another large bottle.

Add pasta to sauce and stir. Serve hot. Or put in tupperware and refrigerate and serve later.

If you want more, double the recipe portions. Might take a lot of pots and pans though. One batch makes a lot!

My notes:

Recipe needs minor fine tuning.

The sauce recipe called for 2 cloves of minced garlic. That was WAY TOO MUCH. Next time I think I'll substitute garlic powder instead.

It needs a little pepper and salt. The cajun seasoning adds kick, but it was missing something. I added a packet of salt to one of my tupperware for lunch and it really helped.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of shredded/fine cheese that is that they spread on the plate I got at Dam Bar and Grille.

Make the pasta first. Then prep the meats. Then make the sauce.

If you are making it to serve the family, put pasta in a bowl then ladle sauce on top of it.

If you are making it for lunches, keep pasta and sauce separate until you are ready to put in tupperware for your lunch/dinner.

welcome back young lady. Nice to see you again...at least I assume "lady" from your username :emoji_wink: That is one outstanding looking meal right there. Very nice job and a great write up.

Robert

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky