Rec Tec add ons! **PICS**

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hagewood91

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 4, 2017
Murfreesboro, TN
My family got me the add on smoker box for my Rec Tec yesterday, as well as the bigger grill cover to keep everything all dry! Boy am I excited to have the extra capacity and ability to cold smoke and have warming trays as well!!
Grill Expansion Closed.jpg
Grill Expansion Opened.jpg
New Grill Cover.jpg

That's a sweet smoker box. Especially good for cheeses, have fun dude !!!

Can you smoke cheese with it? I remember one reviewer here said the lowest temp they could achieve throughout the box was 150F. Seems like it would be great for things like jerky, sausage and fish. Not sure about cheese.

With the Rec Tec smoker box you cold smoke the cheese like any conventional smoker box, using a tube or a tray. Check out the Rec Tec site for information on that. Also good for jerky, fish and sausage as was mentioned.

Hey hagewood....looks great. You have an awesome family to treat you to toys for your RT. Hats off to them. Let us know how the smoker box works. I was thinking about getting one for my 680 as well. Enjoy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky